Wednesday, August 29, 2007

In-House Rush

So a while ago when I first decided that MIT might actually be the place for me, I took a look at the website and read a bit about the whole choosing a dorm process. Actually, that might have been what really hooked me... so much freedom instead of the usual filling out a questionnaire and leaving the rest up to some committee. I read about the whole huge process, and I remember appreciating how much time you had to change your mind and then decide which entry/floor/whatever you wanted to live in. At that time, I thought it was cool.

I just finished going through MacGregor's in-house rush tonight, and it was so much better than what I had imagined. Better as in gave me a really good idea of where I wanted to live, not better as in, well, any other sense. It was a lot more tiring than I had imagined, though, so I'm not really sure I'm entirely coherent right now.

We got divided into groups, and then we toured all nine entries and spent a while with the Housemaster. Fifteen minutes in each place, I'm sure you can do the math. So by the fifth or sixth entry, everything started blurring together and I wasn't quite sure which questions I had asked and which I hadn't. And I didn't really plan out my stomach too well; by F and G entries, I was so stuffed that I couldn't take advantage of their pasta and Subway sandwiches, which made me immeasurably sad. Met a lot of nice (and social! I don't understand the anti-social stereotype) people, and I'm really excited about living here!

However, I am not excited about packing everything up again and moving tomorrow morning.

(And yeah, Grace, I'm also kind of surprised by the... attractiveness? trendiness? of people here. The Hollister to free tshirt ratio is a lot higher than I expected.)


And how come I still cannot figure out how to do anything with this "Continue reading..." thing? (Maybe MIT really isn't the place for me, after all...)

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

<< Home