Tuesday, July 03, 2007

Day One

So today began our journey to the land of cuteness. I know, Japan is arguably cuter, but Taiwan is supacute too.

(Oh yeah, yesterday I watched 4/5 of Notting Hill. Aww Hugh Grant. He intensifies the anglophilia inside me and makes me want to speak with a British accent.)



This morning I woke up and when I went to take off my contacts...well, I still use the little suction cup thing. Everyone has to have some kind of disability right? I can't get out my contacts without that. So, first thing that happened to me was that the little suction thing fell down the drain. I had to unscrew the little pipe thing and get it out and it was muy disgusting. I was sort of frantic because if my mom found out, she would start complaining about how I can't take care of myself, blah blah blah, how am I gonna survive in college, etc. Luckily, I got it out in about 10 minutes and it was quite a travail, but I won't go into that. Basically, it was gross.

While we were waiting at DFW, this weird balding guy with a combover was staring at me. Whenever I looked back at him, he would keep staring for like 3 seconds, which was the really offputting part. 3 seconds of staring at a stranger is actually a very long time. Usually if I'm caught looking at someone else, I look away immediately. Not this guy. Say what you will about the male gaze - this one was freakin creepy.

At both airports, Jeff was being sooooo annoying and clingy to his little girlfriend on the phone. More disgusting than the crap that came out of my drain. That load of sap seriously sickens me. (Nice alliteration, right?) Them and their gross little nicknames...mmk don't want to go into this either. Main point: he's a needy moron.

Today was not all gloom and doom, however. The overseas airplane was flossy flossy compared to AA (we rode Eva Air). Well, it was the nicest airplane I'd ever been in. That's not saying a lot, but there you go. It had more amenities than all the others, probably because the flight was 13 hours. All the flight attendants had cute pastel aprons with flower-shaped buttons. On the flight, I watched Disturbia, In the Land of Women (<3 Adam Brody), Reign Over Me (which turned out to be a lot better than I expected), and a bunch of Candid Camera-styled shows only in Canada/Europe. I thought they would be lame, but some of the pranks were actually pretty funny. There was also this reeeeally cute and campy version of the Nutcracker, except it had nothing to do with Christmas. There were people dressed up in Hello Kitty and flower costumes with really high-pitches voices dancing and singing in Japanese. Apparently, Hello Kitty and Dear Daniel were celebrating Hello Kitty's 30th anniversary.

Also, I had to go to the bathroom on the airplane (they had Apricot facial spray? and eau de toilette "to counteract the effects of the bathroom") and once I had to stand there for like 10 minutes while the person inside tried to get out. It reminded me of the TXFS bus.

2 Comments:

Blogger y shi said...

omgggg I loove Notting Hill! It's my favorite romantic comedy after Intolerable Cruelty.

7:31 PM  
Blogger sunshine said...

HAHAHAHAHAHA TXFS BUS.

12:34 PM  

Post a Comment

<< Home