Friday, December 21, 2007

678-782-4700

is the number of Sleep Inn, the hotel at which I am spending the night in Fairburn, Georgia (just outside of Atlanta).
This morning, when I woke up, pretty snow was floating down from the grey Boston sky, and it made me happy. Later, I went outside and realized...the fluffy snow was great, but it still turned into slush on the street.

So Tracy came to McCormick and took my carry-ons while I carried/dragged my 40-pound suitcase though the dirty slush to Kendall Square. After a tearful (not really) goodbye, I took the Red Line to South Station, then got on the Silver Line to Logan. At Logan, I checked in and the attendant checking me in asked me if it was okay that I get an exit seat. I just chirped, "Sure!" but in my head, I was thinking HAAYYL YEAH!! Then, I found out my flight was actually on time!!! YAYYYYY!! Like...pretty much the only flight at the airport that wasn't delayed by like 4 hours or cancelled. I also happened upon like a gang of 7 MIT kiddos (2 of them are AXOS), all going to Atlanta too! My dad called, and I told him the good news, so he said he'd pick me up at 9:30 when I got back to DFW.

I boarded the plane, stretched out my legs in all that extra room (yessss seat 22C!), and waited. And waited. AND WAITED. About every 30 minutes, the pilot would come on and say that "such-and-such is happening, we'll be ready to go in 15 minutes." So our flight, which was supposed depart at 3:46, took off at about 7:15. Of course, I missed the connecting flight from Atlanta to Dallas at 8:something. Good thing I picked up Blink before I got on...best 16 dollars I've spent lately, because it was a really fascinating read for me. Instead of being bored for 6.5 hours, I took a nap and learned about instinct. Still, I didn't get in to Atlanta until like 10, 10:30. Ughhhh and the next flight to Dallas was at 9:15 in the morning. So I'm at this little hotel with my AXO sis Britni (she's from Dallas too) and we have to wake up at 5:30 to catch a shuttle to the airport. AND they accidentally charged me like $532 for the night, when it was supposed to be $39. I called the lobby, and they said they'd fix it. I'm keeping the number just in case!

I really wanted to visit Mrs. Stanton in 2nd period tomorrow too...I hope I still have lots of time to visit Plano and Jasper =\ I won't get to DFW until 10:30 am.

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

<< Home